Enhance the look and health of your shrubs and hedges with ongoing landscape trimming and pruning services in Westfield, and nearby communities like Watchung and Warren, NJ.
Our experts will have your landscape trees and shrubs trimmed to your desired shape and keep them healthy with selective pruning of dead branches.
One of the keys to sustaining beautiful, healthy trees and shrubs is to regularly trim limbs and branches. By removing dead or diseased portions of your trees and hedges, you can encourage their proper growth. Further, proper and ongoing maintenance of your trees and shrubs keeps your property looking neat and increases curb appeal.
Whether your property includes black spruce, red oak, or a flowering tulip tree, our experts at Stream Line Lawn & Landscape are available to serve your home or business in Westfield, Watchung, and Warren, NJ.
Trimming and pruning are processes which enhance the appearance and health (respectively) of trees and bushes. With trimming, a tree or bush is cut to meet a desired shape or size, while pruning is a more selective process that involves removing dead branches and treating a plant from the inside out.
Benefits of Trimming & Pruning
Many homeowners understand that trimming and pruning is beneficial, but they may not know some of the reasons why. Benefits associated with trimming and pruning include:
- Removes dead or diseased branches – Rid your trees of unhealthy and unsightly damaged limbs that threaten the health and longevity of your plant.
- Promotes healthy growth – Excess branches compete with other branches for light, water, and nutrients. By removing these limbs, the healthiest parts of trees and bushes are encouraged to grow and flourish.
- Reducing size – Tame overgrown trees and shrubs by scaling them back to a more manageable size.
- Gives aesthetically pleasing shape – Proper trimming and pruning gives your trees and bushes a neat appearance and also eliminates branches that are growing in an undesirable direction. Trimming can also be done to exhibit the desired shape for your hedges such as squares, globes, and even spirals.
- Creates a safer landscape – By removing excess or damaged branches, you reduce the risk of damage to your home and property.
When to Trim & Prune to Yield the Most Benefit
While the removal of dead branches can be done at any time of the year, there are certain seasons that yield the most benefit from trimming and pruning. By pruning during winter dormancy, vigorous growth will result in spring. Pruning in summer promotes the flowering of certain plants and keeps plant growth in check. Shrubs that bloom in spring should be pruned immediately after flowering, while shrubs that bloom in summer should be pruned in late winter or early spring.
These services require highly skilled professionals who specialize in working on the most common plants in NJ.
Call us for an estimate on landscape trimming and pruning that includes cleanup of trimmings.
Trimming and pruning of trees and bushes not only keep your landscape looking exquisite, but it breathes life into your plants and encourages health and longevity. Cleanup from our work is convenient and worry-free, as our professionals will remove and dispose of all landscape trimmings using one of our wood chippers. Simply call one of our dedicated professionals at (833) 452-9666.
Our team is ready to answer your questions and provide you with an estimate for your home or business in or around Westfield, Watchung, and surrounding communities like Warren, NJ.
Recent Landscape Trimming & Pruning Articles
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Are you doing everything you can to make sure your lawn stays healthy all year long? At Stream Line Lawn & Landscape, customers are offered a service ...
Read more landscape trimming and pruning articles on our blog.